Friday, February 1, 2013

100 Gallons of Brick on the Wall

 Hello! In my absence, I've been busy painting bricks (among other things) at the theatre.
So, here is my second "a day in the office" post.

Working on walls for "A Raisin In The Sun"







Finished product. Looks kinda cool, right?



And now for some "RED"!
It's amazing how much matching and mixing colors looks and feels like cooking.

For those who don't know, the show "RED" is about the artist Rothko.
It's opening this weekend at the Clarence Brown Theatre.


My boss said I could do one of the Rothko paintings that will be on stage
during the show! This was the first canvas I've stretched in years. 
I've still got it! *victorious fist pump* 


An in-progress shot that looks really strange due to a funky glare on the wet paint.


A still from the show that I borrowed from the theatre's Facebook page.
I did some work on those nice, grimy windows as well as the columns. 
Good thing I'm not scared of ladders...







No comments:

Post a Comment